Thursday, February 25, 2021

Materi Bahasa Inggris Kelas 9: CONGRATULATION

I will learn to express hopes and wishes to others and congratulate others for their fortune and achievement, in order to keep good personal relationship with them.

Expressions of Asking and Giving Hope

Hope is to want something happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might. Here are the expressions
· ·         Hopefully …
· ·         I hope …
· ·         I expect …
· ·         I am hoping …
· ·         I am expecting …
· ·         I was hoping …
· ·         I wish …

Expressions of Congratulation

Congratulation is something that you say when you congratulate someone. Here are some expressions of congratulations and their proper responses

Expressions
· ·         I’d be the first to congratulate you on …
· ·         I’d like to congratulate you on …
· ·         Please accept my warmest congratulations.
· ·         May I congratulate you on …
· ·         I must congratulate you.
· ·         It was great to hear about …
· ·         Congratulations !
· ·         Congratulations on …

Responses
· ·         It’s very good of you to say so
· ·         How nice of you to say so
· ·         Thank you very much for saying so
· ·         I’m glad you think so
· ·         Oh, it’s nothing special actually
· ·         Oh, I have a lot to learn yet
· ·         Oh, not really
· ·         Oh, nothing to do, actually
· ·         Oh, thanks

Example :
John    : “Hi Jane, what are you doing?”
Jane     : “Oh, Hi John! I’m practicing for tomorrow story telling competition.”
John    : “Wow! You join a story telling competition?”
Jane     : “Yeah, Mr. Toni asked me to join.”
John   : “Okay, wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope that you can win the competition.”
Jane     : “I hope so, thank you for your support.”
John    : “You’re welcome, good luck!”
Jane     : “Oh yeah, how about your soccer competition?”
John    : “Oh.. my team won on that competition!”
Jane     : “Wow.. congratulations on your winning!”
John    : “Haha.. thank you.”
Jane     : “Our school will be proud of your team!”

No comments:

Post a Comment